Friday, March 21

A man who told me my life

“Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did.
were the excited words of the Woman from Samaria, calling to her friends and associates in town.   As the story in John 4 goes, this is a woman who those of us aware of Bible accounts may never have seen as the kind of person who would be fit to proclaim anything "spiritual."

But she goes on to share her heart and draw others into her encounter with Divinity -
“Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?” (v29, ESV)
And with this outcome, from a powerful, penetrating encounter between the divine and human man in Jesus, Christ, and this seeking, searching, fallen woman, we have some awesome realities about God:

  • He really does get us - he sees through to the the core of our hearts.
  • That stuff in us that He ignites, the passion and the vision, is what he uses to transform us into His kind of people and to draw others into His community. 
Read into this complex and powerful story.  More on this later.

Blessings  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment