Thursday, March 24

Beyond partnership: the abiding believer


When will we fully accept the meaning of our “dependence on God”? 
When will we learn what it means:
        I am the true vine…
Abide in me (and I in you)
        As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me…
       I am the vine, ye are the branches…without me ye can do nothing 
       (Jn 15: 1-5).

Just As he held out to his disciples this offer of a dynamic, constant connection, Christ still holds it out to us, a bond that promises incredible things for our work, skills, talents, and vocation for God’s cause.

 This abiding fruitfulness is more than and different from the typical “partnership” relationship our study guide raises.
  • The abiding believer is in a completely dependent position
  • The abiding believer brings to the table no assets but capacity for obedience and service 
  • The abiding believer’s risk is total
My prayer is for us to deeply accept this word, and begin to abide...

*May God's Spirit Be With You As You Study – And 
Experience His Guiding You Into His Will*

 RSVP to participate with Small Group Study Fellowship in our new "Study Sessions" Starting 16APR 9:45AM and 2:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment